Thursday, May 18, 2006

 

Da Vinci Code Hoopla

There seems to be a big "whoop-de-do" about the new movie "The Da Vinci Code." There've been protests, calls to boycott the movie, calls for theaters to yank it, nuns prostrating themselves at the Cannes festival, etc.


My goodness people. If you've got some objection to what this movie says and portrays, I've got one suggestion for you, but prepare yourself because it's a pretty dramatic one:


Don't see it.


There, now was that so tough? I mean, c'mon, if your faith is so shaky that a movie (A poor one at that if I'm to believe numerous critics) is going to seriously challenge it, then you've got bigger issues to deal with than a bad movie or boring book present.


Me, I'll probably not see it. Not because I'm upset with the premise, but I found the book boring and poorly written. I have a standard that I use. If I still don't give a rat's ass by page 100, then I consider my time wasted and move on with life. I didn't get to page 80.


"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' (I found it!) but 'That's funny ..."
Isaac Asimov

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?