Wednesday, May 17, 2006

 

I'm back!!!!!

I'm back!!!

Yes folks, I'm back!!! Huh?? What that you say? You didn't even know I wuz gone???? Hummpf!! Well, pay attention next time.

It seems that, on the third of May, the 26th anniversary of the smartest thing I ever did, (I married my lovely, patient, wonderful wife.) I decided the thing to do would be to cook some pork stir fry for her. Good so far. I carefully choose and gather the components, get out the big wok my kids got for me a couple of years ago, and start chopping some of the veggies that go into my dish.
I'm whacking away, carrying on a lively conversation with my wife and kids when I took a whack at my fingertip. Ouch!! Damn, that hurt!! I hold the finger under the faucet stream, see the water turn red under my hand, watch it stay red. So I get some gauze out and press it to my fingertip. Oooh, man, this is really starting to smart! The spot over the cut tip immediately turns red. Then the red spot starts expanding, until the entire piece of gauze is soaked with that bright red color all us clutzes are familliar with. About the time the gauze started dripping red onto the counter, I realized I did far more damage than I first thought. And so my lovely child bride and I spent a very romantic evening in the hospital emergency room. She took it well. She said "At least I got some quality knitting done, and met and talked with a very nice lady while they were dealing with you!"

Now, I work with computers every day for a living, doing CAD work. (Computer Aided Design.) The missing tip really put a cramp on my keyboarding style, and by the time I got home, I was in no mood to blog. Then, a few days ago, I started using the finger again, and by the time I got home, it was too sore to do any more work. But I saw the doctor Monday, and she told me the finger is healing nicely, with new tissue filling in the hole I left. It isn't as sore as it had been, but still smarts a bit if I knock it against something.

I guess I'm going to have to learn not to throw myself so much into what I'm doing.

Anyone up for stir fry?????


"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' (I found it!) but 'That's funny ..."
Isaac Asimov

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?