Monday, June 26, 2006

 

Car Racing Notes

It's beginning to look like the American open wheel orgainizations are beginning to see the light, and understand they MUST re-unite the two groups, or they're simply not going to survive. It's taken about ten years too long in my opinion, but maybe, just maybe they'll get it done this time.

Nice to see Jeff Gordon take a win this weekend. I believe he now holds the record for road course wins in NASCAR. I also see he introduced his new sweetie. Better get that prenup in order first there Jeff. I think his convincing win shows that he could have done well in any form of motorsports in my opinion. When was it, a couple of years ago, when the F1s came to Indy, and Jeff and another F1 driver "swapped" rides for a little bit? The F1 driver, I can't remember who, never quite got the handle on the stocker, and proclaimed it a real handfull. If I remember right, Jeff was cutting competitive, respectible times within a few laps. I sometimes still wonder what he could have done in F1. There were a few rumors circulating at the time that he may do just that, but it was dismissed out of hand by most automotive sportswriters as out of the question as Jeff was "too long in the tooth. Ouch. That hurt. He STILL seems like a "kid" to me.


"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' (I found it!) but 'That's funny ..."
Isaac Asimov

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?