Wednesday, September 06, 2006

 

A Rant For You!

A few things that have annoyed the heck outa me lately:

They're having an audition session in the Twin Cities today for the American Idle TV show. How do I know this? Because all the local news outlets are leading their newscasts with on-location crews, live reports and updates. What idiocy. I have not watched so much as one single second of this stupid, vapid, idiotic TV show, and I am proud of that fact. The Fox Channel is really putting one over the public on this one I think. Compared to drama, or comedy shows this fluff costs them next to nothing to make, yet they're raking in the cash with it. The Fox execs are laughing at us all the way to the bank.

In the same vein:

CBS has a new prime time news anchor, (A former morning fluff show host.) a new format, heck even a new theme song for the newscast. We've got one of the most important elections in this nation's history coming up, are involved in a war that is resulting in the maiming deaths of some of our finest young people, and what is one of the features of that newscast??? The baby pictures of a has-been-Hollywood-wacko's new kid!! WHO FRIGGIN' CARES?!?!?!?

MORE:

What in heck does that say about our priorities???? To listen to our government spokespeople, we're supposedly in a war for our very way of life and existence against the forces of terrorism, yet the American public seems captivated by news about these absolutely clueless, talent-less empty-headed Hollywood IDIOTS! Walk up to the ever-present magazine racks at the supermarket checkout lanes, and all you'll now see are fashion and celebrity magazines, scandal sheets, and tabloids. (IS JESSICA GETTING TOO FAT? ARE THE OLSEN TWINS TOO SKINNY? DOES TOM'S KID HAVE THREE EYES???) You used to see issues of Newsweek and Time and such, but no more. I asked, and was told by management "Oh, they're gone because the Average American has gotten tired of reading about all that depressing stuff. They want to be entertained and distracted." I'm beginning to think my fellow blogger, The Unhappy American is right about us. There are days when, after reading the newspaper, I'm actually ashamed of being an American, with our consumer, celebrity driven mentality and culture. It's assinine. And if we don't change our attitude, and soon, we can kiss our way of life goodbye, as we'll merely be another third world country compared to the 2000 lb economic gorilla that China and India are becoming. But, as I'm slowly becoming convinced, the average American won't give a shit, as long as they don't cancel American Idol.

"War against terrorism?? No prob, got my "Support The Troops" magnetic ribbon right there on the ass of my car! I've done my part for them! Honey?!?!? Is Dance with the Stars on yet????"


"We have met the enemy, and he is us!"
Pogo

Comments:
The "Smash The American Idol Movement" starts here! I've never watched it, nor have I watched a single "reality" show. Nor do I intend to.

That doorknob who's supposed to be reading the news now on CBS is appalling. For years, she pedaled "gush and grins", now somehow, she's a "serious journalist." Makeup can do anything, I guess.

I've often wondered, with Republicans owning 100% of what we have to call "media" now in this country, if they're not lending more than a little assistance to their icon in the White House. However: be it that way or not, the final responsibility rests on the shoulders of every American to change the channel immediatly! The networks would show us bathwater draining, if it sold cars and timeshares. We DO have the power - we just don't use it. They show exactly what we ask for. Crap.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?