Monday, November 06, 2006

 

Soon......

Well, the day draws near.

My son is doing OK. He's still learning to deal with the anti-seizure drug, but is much more active now than he was before. He's a "Type A-gotta keep doing stuff" sort of guy who gets bored if he sits any longer than 15, 20 minutes. Not being involved with school activities and studying is something he's getting used to.

The operation is this Thursday, the 9th, with preliminary stuff being done the day before on Wednesday. He's supposed to be in the hospital until Monday the 13th.

The doctor performing the operation is confident things will turn out well. He won't say it's a 100% certainty, of course. Only an idiot would do that, and I'd be suspicious if he did. But he feels things will turn out well. The plan is to spend about 6 weeks weaning him off of the anti-seizure medicine after the procedure.

I want to thank everyone again from the bottom of my heart for all the wonderful expressions of support and well wishes during this rough time. It's very much appreciated. I will come back here when I can after Thursday and let you know how things are going.

Comments:
May the waiting be the worst part.
 
Your family is in my thoughts.
 
here's hoping that everything went well.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?