Thursday, December 14, 2006

 

Yes Shrub, as a matter of fact, this seat IS taken.

As regular readers of my blog know, (Both of you) my oldest son had the same condition, AVM, suffered by S.D. Sen. Tim Johnson yesterday. And as you both know, my son is fine now. Unless Johnson's condition takes a disastrous turn for the worse, (And from all reports, the doctors appear to have it under control.) I predict there's no way in hell he'll resign the office so the Republican governor can hand it to someone from his own party. Senate historian Donald Ritchie said senators serve out their terms unless they resign or die. He also said there was precedent for senators remaining in the Senate even though illness kept them away from the chamber for long periods. So unless Johnson dies, that seat will remain in Democratic hands.

Sensing an opportunity to grab control of the Senate, the Republicans have been doing a pretty poor job at hiding their glee over Johnson's plight. I think it's time for them to stop salivating.

It's very unseemly.

Comments:
You're talking of a man who's murdered thousands of people at random, and you expect him to clean up his act for ONE Democrat?

I have Christmas dreams myself.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?